Our resumes are designed to showcase your expertise in a professional, yet stylish manner. Download this free Administrative Assistant resume format in Word, and follow the section headings to guide you while writing. You can always switch them around and change the font color or size to your liking. Read on for HR tips on how to put together your Administrative Assistant CV.
Administrative assistant resume objective examples
Having a CV objective is a must for any resume. It might feel tough to summarize your experiences and goals in just three sentences, but don’t worry! By checking out the administrative assistant resume objective samples below, you’ll get a helpful guide and some great ideas to help you write your own.
Entry-level administrative assistant objective
Highly enthusiastic worker seeking an entry-level administrative assistant position. With a solid foundation in administrative tasks and a strong work ethic, I aim to contribute to the efficient operation of the company while gaining valuable professional experience and further developing my skills.
Administrative assistant career change objective
Motivated hospitality professional with a strong desire to transition into the role of an administrative assistant. Seeking a challenging position in a dynamic organization where I can utilize my exceptional organizational and communication skills to support and enhance operational efficiency.
Experienced administrative assistant seeking career advancement
Driven office administrator looking to advance in my field. I am seeking an opportunity in a progressive organization where I can utilize my comprehensive knowledge of administrative processes and problem-solving abilities.
Listing administrative skills on a resume
Having skills on your administrative assistant resume is a highly effective way to get recruiters and ATS scanners to single you out from the competition. Mentioning soft and hard skills is necessary to showcase your interpersonal and technical abilities. It helps your employer measure in what manner you conduct your work.
We have listed them below so you can better understand their difference. You can go ahead and copy/paste the ones that speak out to you the most!
- Supply Management
- Contract Writing
- Calendar Keeping
- Data Entry
- Conflict resolution
- Attention to Detail
Learn out more about Good Skills to Add to a Resume
Administrative job titles
When it comes to your administrative assistant resume, your job title should make it clear what you’ve done or what you’re aiming for. This small phrase can give employers a quick idea of how well you fit the job’s requirements. Keep it brief yet impactful. Check out the examples below to get some inspiration and nail that perfect job title.
Human Resources Administrative Assistant
Entry-Level Administrative Assistant
Medical Administrative Assistant
How to list your achievements on a resume
Listing your achievements is the same thing as listing your administrative professional experience. We call them achievements because when describing your experience, you must include metrics and action verbs that show that you are not a person who completes the tasks expected of them. But a person who shows initiative and is out to achieve greatness in their field.
It is noteworthy to mention that because you are being descriptive and detailed in these bullet points, there is no need to list many achievements. Keep it focused on the main ones. Listing job tasks not only clutters your CV but can make it seem like you copied a bunch of tasks from a job description. Read on to better understand what is the right way of doing this.
Organized files on the computer
Streamlined administrative processes by implementing an electronic filing system, resulting in a 20% reduction in time spent searching for documents and improving overall efficiency.
Managed inventory on a monthly basis and ensured adequate stock levels.
Developed and implemented an improved inventory management system, reducing supply costs by 15% while ensuring adequate stock levels and minimizing waste.
Administrative Assistant Resume FAQs
How to download this free administrative resume example?
To download this free administrative assistant resume:
- Locate the resume example section on the mini menu.
- Click on the download button once you are redirected to the top of the page.
- Wait a couple of seconds while the automatic download completes.
- Find the downloaded file on your computer or electronic device.
- Complete the administrative assistant resume sample.
- Download, save and send in PDF format for a more formal result.
How to write an administrative assistant resume with no experience?
In addition to taking into account everything mentioned above, to write an administrative assistant resume without experience, you should:
- Put special emphasis on your skills and aptitudes.
- Highlight your internships if you have done any related studies.
- Ask for the recommendation of professors and/or internship tutors.
- Add your educational background and any completed courses or certifications.
How to write a resume with experience?
Follow these tips when filling in the corresponding sections on our free resume example:
- Name and job title: These should be presented in a larger font size that the rest of the elements on your resume.
- Profile summary: Use the resume objective examples above to guide you. It should indicate years of experience and the skills you will be putting to use.
- Photo: Add a photo only if you are applying to anywhere in the EU. English speaking countries, including India, don’t use one.
- Professional experience: Make sure to use action verbs and metrics to fully showcase your abilties and what you can bring to the table.
- Education: If you are a mid-level to senior employee there is no need to include your highschool education. You can also mention any certificates or courses you have recently completed to exhibit that you are up to date on the latest practices.
- Skills: Include both soft and hard skills as employers are more an more seeing the value in emotional intelligence.
- Optional: Mention any hobbies, interests, or languages you are professionally fluent in if you have space.
Download this administrative assistant resume now and start climbing that career ladder!