Whether you are starting with your career or moving up the ladder, this sales resume example will help you get to where you want to be. Our experts have carefully laid out the suitable sections for you to fill in, including a modern eye-catching design that will wow recruiters at first sight. Get your foot in the door, and get a job using this sales resume example.
Sales resume objective examples
A resume objective is a must-have on every CV. Summarizing your experiences and ambitions into three sentences can seem impossible to achieve at first. But after reading the sales resume objective samples listed below, you will have a reference of format and style to use when drafting your own.
Resume objective for sales associate
A self-driven sales associate with a history of surpassing sales goals and providing outstanding customer service. I’m devoted to enhancing customer satisfaction by delivering a good shopping experience, analyzing consumer requirements, and providing personalized solutions.
Resume objective for sales representative
Motivated and results-oriented salesperson with a track record of exceeding goals and increasing sales. I aim to join a team where I can utilize my knowledge to deliver outstanding sales outcomes in an organization that promotes innovation, encourages professional development, and rewards achievement.
Resume objective for sales manager
A goal-oriented and customer-centric sales manager with a decade of experience. Eager to leverage my exceptional communication skills, persuasive techniques, and strategic sales tactics. Pursuing a leadership role where I can effectively manage a sales team, foster enduring client relationships, and consistently deliver exceptional sales outcomes in a highly competitive industry.
How to list skills on a sales resume
By including this section on your resume, you demonstrate that you are a well-rounded applicant capable of handling the many requirements of your position. Being a part of the sales team means that you will be utilizing both your hard and soft skills. Hard skills refer to your technical knowledge, whereas soft skills are more about interpersonal skills. To further distinguish between the two, read on:
- Product knowledge
- Acquiring and retaining clients
- Goal setting and sales forecasting
- Closing sales
- Communication skills
- Time management
- Inside Sales
- Lead Generation
- Business Development
- Account Management
- Solution Selling
- Cold Calling
Check out this article on How to List Skills on a Resume for more info
Sales job titles
Your job title should highlight your previous role or the one you are seeking. This phrase will help employers assess if you align with the values of the job position. Keep it short but effective. Use the examples below to help guide you:
Automobile Dealership Sales Manager
Retail Chain Stores Sales Manager
Real Estate Sales Manager
Telecoms Sales Manager
F&B Sales Manager
How to list sales achievements
When listing your accomplishments on your sales resume, use powerful action verbs like achieved, closed, or trained. Always include quantifiable metrics to measure the effects of your contributions. Use these examples of good and bad achievement statements to help write yours.
Starting off with Led as an action verb is great, however, the rest of that sentence is more of a task-based achievement statement. It doesn’t indicate anything other than the fact that Joe here does what his boss tells him to. There is no initiative from Joe’s side. The second box sends the same message as the first but with metrics and some detail on how Joe achieved his goals. It is clear how much of an impact Joe made during his time at the company. Good on you Joe!
Led a sales team and achieved company goals that were indicated by the chief sales officer.
Increased sales revenue by 25% within the first year through strategic market analysis, targeted customer engagement, and effective team leadership.
Expanded the customer base and added to revenue growth.
Developed and executed a successful sales strategy resulting in a 30% expansion of the customer base within six months, leading to revenue growth of $1 million in a highly competitive market.
Working in sales means you have many opportunities to quantify your work and include those numbers in your resume. So, don’t shy away from exhibiting your success this way. You only have a few seconds to impress your future employer, and you need to do everything in your power to make them notice you to single you out from probably hundreds, and sometimes even thousands of other competitors.
Sales Resume FAQs
How to download the sales resume sample?
Our sales resume template is easy to download and customize according to your preferences. Follow these simple instructions to download it and get started immediately:
- Click on the image or the download link.
- Download the free sales resume template available in Word.
- Add your information while keeping in mind our writing tips.
- Customize the fonts, colors, and size to fit your syle.
- Make sure to check for any spelling and grammar mistakes.
- Download it in PDF format once finalized.
- Add it to your LinkedIn profile.
What should I put on my resume for sales in 2023?
You have the template. It’s time to write. But where to start? Luckily, you don’t have to waste so much time brainstorming the best structure for your sales resume. We have all the sections laid out for you on the template, and we also break it down for you below.
- Write your name and previous or desired job title.
- Draft a profile summary that highlights your experience, abilities, and accomplishments.
- List your job experience in reverse chronological order.
- Include bullet points that quantify how you have contributed to the organization in your previous role using metrics and specific examples.
- Use keywords from the job description in your resume to tailor it to the specific sales position you are applying for.
- Highlight any relevant qualifications or training you have acquired.
- Include interpersonal skills, like communication, and hard skills, like Excel.
What should I not put on my resume for sales?
Giving out too much information can be detrimental to your application. In some countries, it is illegal for job recruiters to ask about personal details, such as your relationship status. Avoid making mistakes like that and more by following the points below.
- Don’t include a photo of yourself if you are applying for work in English-speaking countries like Canada, USA, India, or the UK.
- Avoid adding irrelevant work experience. It will do you more harm than good. Tailor each resume to the job you are applying for.
- Leave out personal information such as your age, marital status, home address, or other private details.
- Don’t write lengthy paragraphs. Use concise sentences to describe your professional experience.
- Stay away from overused buzzwords like, hardworking or team player that says nothing unique about your qualifications.
- Leave out your salary history. You can discuss this during the interview.
Download your free sales resume example in Word format now!