Our nursing resume example features examples and tips for crafting a compelling resume. Whether you’re a new grad nursing student or an experienced nurse looking to change hospitals, this resume sample can help you create a winning CV. And the best part? It’s free! Simply download the resume sample and customize it to your needs using Microsoft Word.
Don’t hold back from pursuing a job at your dream hospital! Use our nursing resume example to showcase your skills and qualifications, and be in charge of your future!
Resume objective examples for a nurse
Crafting an objective resume that highlights your strengths can be difficult for some people who feel uncomfortable promoting themselves. Nonetheless, including these three lines in your resume increases the likelihood of standing out among many applicants in the competitive nursing job market.
ICU nurse resume objective example
“Compassionate and skilled nurse with 8 years of experience providing patients in the intensive care unit critical care. Well-versed in sophisticated life support methods and multidisciplinary teamwork. I hope to contribute to the success of the ICU team by utilizing my strong critical thinking, communication skills, and steadfast commitment to providing high-quality healthcare services in a dynamic and fast-paced workplace.”
Nursing resume objective example specializing in oncology
“Skilled and dedicated nursing professional with 7 years of experience seeking a position in an oncology unit to utilize my knowledge and experience in providing quality care to cancer patients. My strengths include chemotherapy administration, symptom management, and patient advocacy.”
Pediatric head nurse resume objective example
“An accomplished and devoted nursing professional with 6 years of experience, aspiring to secure a position as a head nurse in the pediatric department. Proficient in comprehensive pediatric assessment, effective care coordination, and promoting a family-centered approach.”
ER nursing resume objective example
“An exceptionally compassionate and highly responsible nurse with 5 years of experience in the fast-paced emergency room setting of a renowned tertiary care hospital. Demonstrating a proven track record in crisis management, adept utilization of first aid instrumentation, and expert resuscitation skills.”
New graduate nursing resume objective example
“A highly adaptable and emotionally intelligent nursing graduate, holding exceptional recommendations and a proven record of achieving excellent results in professional practice. I strive to secure a fulfilling position as a clinical nurse specialist in pre and post-operative care.”
Visit this link to learn more about How to Write Resume Objectives
Listing nursing skills on a resume
It is important to have a mixture of hard skills and soft skills in your resume. It demonstrates that you have a well-rounded set of interpersonal and technical skills that you can bring to the workplace. We have split them in two for a better understanding of each category:
- Emotional intelligence
- Conflict resolution
- Critical thinking
- Patient care
- BLS certified
- IV therapy
- Patient assessment
- Medical administration
Nursing resume job title
Make sure the headline grabs the attention of employers. Write a short sentence that sums up who you are.
Job titles examples for a nurse:
Geriatrics nurse dedicated to providing patient care to the elderly.
Head nurse in an oncology unit with extensive experience managing the nursing department.
Pediatric nurse committed to providing childcare.
ER nurse with demonstrated expertise in working well under pressure.
How to write a good nursing resume
Write a nursing resume with experience
Here are some tips on how to write a resume that will make you stand out in the competitive nursing field and allow you to develop as a professional in your specialty.
- Prepare: On a blank sheet of paper, list the career goals that match the desired position.
- List skills: Explore and recognize your skills, both technical and interpersonal. Don’t forget that the essence of nursing is patient care. Adding altruistic skills will help you stand out as a caring professional.
- Profile summary: This should illustrate your professional goals, years of experience, and skills. Its purpose is to demonstrate you possess the qualities that make you a good fit for the profession.
- Color coordination: Match the color of the resume to the hospital campus you are applying to. It could be a minimalist white resume sample or one that contrasts white and blue, or white and peach (such as the one we have provided for you for free). It depends on the hospital’s colors.
- Keywords: If you apply to more than one healthcare facility or more than one job title, you should know what keywords fit best with each. If they differ, we advise you to create several resumes.
Write a nursing resume with no experience
- Use a nursing sample: Download this free one for Word.
- Fill in your contact information: Include your name, job title, mobile number, email, and address.
- Highlight your education: Focus on your nursing coursework, clinical rotations, and any relevant coursework or research projects.
- Showcase your skills: Highlight transferable skills from other jobs or experiences, such as communication, teamwork, or attention to detail.
- Include relevant volunteering: If you have volunteered at a hospital or nursing home, or participated in any nursing-related extracurricular activities, highlight them.
- Write a resume objective statement: This can help to highlight your passion for nursing and your desire to learn and grow in the field.
Nursing Resume FAQs
How to download the nursing resume template?
- Download our free nursing resume example in Word.
- Open the file in your downloads folder.
- Brainstorm all your qualities on a blank sheet of paper.
- Make a selection of the most relevant information.
- Fill in and finalize the resume example.
- Export your nursing CV to PDF for a more professional look.
Why should I use a resume template in 2023?
Use this nursing resume example to save time and effort in planning and designing the layout. The sample provides a clear and organized structure you can easily fill in with your information. You can always change colors to match the hospital you are applying to. Additionally, a sample can ensure that your resume is formatted correctly, with appropriate headings and spacing between sections.
What is a nurse resume template?
A nurse resume template is a pre-designed layout that provides an easy-to-use format for creating a professional resume for nurses. The main sections include personal information, education, work experience, skills, and achievements. We advise you to customize it with your information and tailor it to the desired position using specific keywords from the job description.
Download our free nursing resume example!